At our Create Society event that I hosted in December, I served Elderflower Champagne and it was a big hit. I’ve had a lot of requests since then to share the recipe so I thought that I’d feature it today on Lavin Label. It’s the perfect (and simple) cocktail to serve to your guests or as a signature cocktail for a wedding. The recipe calls for Angostura Bitters which are used in small amounts in cocktails for flavor. You can easily add a dash or two to the drink. But if you really want to wow your guests, then follow the recipe below to make homemade Angostura sugar cubes!
- 1 Part Belvoir Elderflower Lemonade
- 1 Part Champagne
- 1 Angostura Sugar Cube (see recipe below)
- In a coupe glass, add Belvoir Elderflower Lemonade and top with champagne. Add one Angostura sugar cube and garnish with sage.
Ingredients for Angostura Sugar Cubes
- 1 Cup of Fine Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Angostura Bitters
- 1 Mini Ice Cube Mold
Instructions for Angostura Sugar Cubes
- Combine sugar and bitters in a bowl and stir until liquid is evenly distributed. Press into molds, packing it down as much as possible.
- Microwave at 50% power for 20-30 seconds. Pop the cubes out of the mold and place in a small dish.