Today I’m sharing five tips to help you style the perfect bar cart for your next party! I absolutely adore my serving cart from Birch Lane and use it all of the time. I’m even featuring it again next week on Draper James! A bar cart is a wonderful investment since it is a classic piece that can be utilized in a variety of creative ways, such as displaying drinks, or even plants, books, towels, etc. With Easter just around the corner, I know I’ll be using our serving cart to entertain family and friends. So here are five tips to help you style the ultimate bar cart for your next holiday or gathering!
- Pick a Color Palette and Stick to it. It’s no surprise that I picked blue and green (since that’s the color palette throughout my house)! I started with beautiful mix and match vases–like these Bluestone Terra Cotta Vases from Birch Lane. Look for vases that have patterns in the color of choice, then add solid vases that are in the same color family, such as these Conley Vases. Finally, I went for a larger vase, like the Otto Vase, for the top of the cart in order to add texture.
- Invest in a Tray. Trays always tie everything together. I loved this white textured shell tiled oval tray that not only complimented the vases, but also the gold cart! It’s an instant way to make your cart look clean and chic. I’d also recommend using a platter to hold the garnishes. I personally love the Julianne Platter, which is a leaf bowl with a silver finish.
- Provide a Drink Menu. Your guests are probably going to be socializing, so don’t make them figure out the recipe for the cocktail that you’ve planned. Provide them with a beautiful menu that walks them through the recipe. I love how the combination of calligraphy and decorative paper adds an element of sophistication to any bar cart. Thus, Kara Anne from Kara Anne Paper created my cocktail menu, which was inspired by the designs on the vases.
- Provide Beautiful Cocktail Napkins. I’ve been eyeing the Halo Home by Kimberly Whitman designs for quite some time now. When I came across their brand, I instantly fell in love with their fringe monogram cocktail napkins. They actually were the inspiration for this entire look! Cocktail napkins are an easy way to add a beautiful and personal element to your bar cart.
- Pack a Punch with Flowers. Work with a local florist to dream up a floral design for your vases. I prefer a simple and classic look, so I stuck with one color–green. Not only does it make a statement, but it also brings out the colors in the napkins and the artwork in the room. Special thanks to the girls at the Vine Garden Market who helped tie this entire look together! I really am so lucky to have The Vine girls right across the street.
SHOP THE STORY
Striped Ruffled Peplum Top (Now 40% off) // Laura Milmine Necklace // J. Brand White Jeans // Dolce Vita Wedges // Chloe Serving Cart // Bluestone Terra Cotta Vases // Conley Vases // Otto Vase // Shell Tiled Oval Tray // Julianne Platter // Kara Anne Paper // Fringe Monogram Cocktail Napkins