I’ve heard a lot about the green beauty movement in the past three to four years but I guess you could call me a late adopter. I was a bit skeptical about having to re-invest in all of my skincare and makeup products. Honestly, I didn’t know much about it and I wasn’t even sure what companies I could trust.
Then about two years ago, I was forced to start reevaluating my skincare routine. I started having major issues with my skin. First, I’d experience breakouts that would last for weeks and then a bunch of tiny bumps would appear around my mouth and chin. It was pretty frustrating. At this same time, one of my good friends introduced me to One Love Organics, an all natural and organic skincare line. In fact, One Love Organics is 1 of only a handful of ECOCERT® licensed manufacturing facilities for natural and organic cosmetics in the U.S. On top of that, their production takes place on St. Simons Island, Georgia, making it a health-conscious and eco-friendly local business. With the buzz around green beauty, I thought that this would be a great start. Looking back, it’s funny how things work out.
I’ve been using their products since and I’ve seen a major difference. I learned how to listen to my skin thanks to the advice of Suzanne LeRoux, the Founder. I finally figured out a routine that works for me using skincare products that I can feel good about. The focus of One Love Organics is on simplicity, quality and effective ingredients. Because they’re located on St. Simons Island I’ve been fortunate enough to stop by for workshops and have one-on-one conversations with the founder. And you’ll have an opportunity to learn from Suzanne directly too (I’ll come back to this)!
The next step for me now is to find makeup that is all natural and organic. When I was at The Southern C Summit in January, I met the owner of RMS Beauty, Rose-Marie Swift. She is an outspoken advocate for women protecting themselves from the toxic chemicals found in products they use on their bodies daily. She created the website www.beautytruth.com to dispel beauty myths and expose some of the dangers of personal care products. Did you know that chemicals banned in countries such as the EU and Japan are widely used in beauty products and still legal in the U.S.?
With all of this information, I’m on a mission to learn more about green beauty and I hope that you’ll join me! As a result, I’m hosting Rose-Marie Swift and Suzanne LeRoux at my house on St. Simons Island, GA on Thursday, April 19th from 5:30-7:30PM for a Q&A session. You are invited to participate in-person or online. If you’re local, you can register via One Love Organics ($45/person). We’re only selling 25 tickets on a first-come, first-serve basis. I’ll have light bites and refreshments on hand. More importantly, you’ll have an opportunity to ask questions and chat with these industry leaders! If you can’t make the event or if it sells out, then please join us via a Facebook Live Session. We’ll be live streaming the Q&A on One Love Organics Facebook Page and taking questions via the comment feature as well. (More details to come).
Lastly, to kick off the event I’ve teamed up with One Love Organics for a Detox + Glow kit ($159) giveaway for you and a friend. Follow along on my Instagram this week for the announcement.
Many of you have asked about my skincare routine, so I’ve outlined it below. One Love Organics also offers trial sizes in many of their products to make it easier on you as you’re figuring out your skincare routine.
- Cleanse using Vitamin B Cleansing Oil + Makeup Remover ($42). I use the French Pink Clay Sponge ($10) (for sensitive skin) instead of a wash rag.
- Moisturize with Skin Dew Coconut Water Cream ($58) (I love this moisturizer)
- Double Cleanse using Vitamin B Cleansing Oil + Makeup Remover ($42) and Easy Does It Foaming Cleanser ($25). Again, I use the French Pink Clay Sponge (for sensitive skin) instead of a wash rag.
- Moisturize with Skin Dew Coconut Water Cream ($58)
- Add Vitamin E Eye Balm ($49) under my eyes and on nail cuticles
Twice a Week:
- Srub using A Brand New Day Microderma Scrub ($39) (A scrub is one of the most important pieces for me to avoid breakouts)
- Leave on Love and Charcoal Masque ($49) (1 to 2 times per week)
- I buy the large dispenser bottle for the Easy Does It and I use it as my body wash.
- I keep the Gardenia + Tea Serum ($39) in my shower and I spray it all over my body before I dry off. It’s a great way to quickly moisturize my skin.
I hope that this was helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions below and I hope to see you on April 19th!
Special thanks to Rose-Marie Swift and Suzanne LeRoux for saying YES! and inspiring other women on our journey.
Photography by Tamara Gibson