Having just completed an extensive home renovation, I know how blessed we are to live in a home that makes me happy and safe. During the renovation, I wanted to find ways to help other people transform the process of owning a home from a dream to a reality. We partnered with our local Habitat for Humanity and donated the original cabinets, light fixtures, windows, doors, and anything else we could salvage from our home demo.
When I learned that Habitat for Humanity was about to launch their first ever national campaign, I wanted to be a part of it. Habitat for Humanity has partnered with several vendors where you can shop this month, and a percentage of the proceeds from your purchase go towards Habitat’s mission of providing homes for those in need. Their Home Is The Key campaign aims to alleviate the nation’s rising affordable housing crisis.
The three ways you can help are to visit, shop and share.
- Visit www.habitat.org/homeisthekey and join us by making a one-time or monthly donation.
- Shop online:
- At Home Stores. Purchase (in-store only) Habitat-branded scented candles with 100 percent of proceeds benefiting Habitat or donate at register.
- HSN Cares. A specialty line of Home is the Key products, including a beautiful welcome mat, will trigger donations to Habitat all month long.
- Sur La Table. Give back with each purchase of the Scanpan line of cookware products and donate at-register.
- Share the mission on social media. Nissan pledged to donate $1.00 for every time #HomeIsTheKey is shared on social media.
Today we are calling on all of our Lavin Label family to help make Habitat’s first national campaign an overwhelming success! This campaign runs from April 3rd – April 30th, 2017. We want to do our part and help spread the word out about this campaign. Join us!
Image by Kelli Boyd Photography