I am always looking for a fun snack, something quick and easy and one that I can feel good about. Living in Georgia, one of my faves is pecans! They’re delicious just the way they are, but I also like to jazz them up a bit from time to time. I find this recipe is great when I am searching for a flavorful snack, but I also love serving these when friends are over and we are enjoying some cocktails. You can make them ahead, save them in an air tight container so they’ll be ready for you when you want them. This is one of my personal favorites because I love how it has the right amount of sweetness and blends well with the savory rosemary. The best and freshest ingredients always translate to the most delicious dishes. I try to find local ingredients and think Schermer Pecans and Blackberry Patch are two Georgia-based companies that never let me down. Hope you enjoy these Maple + Rosemary Roasted Pecans as much as I do.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Blackberry Patch Maple Praline Syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 cups Schermer Pecans
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh Rosemary leaves, minced & divided
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- In cast iron skillet, melt butter over low heat
- Stir in Maple Praline syrup, cinnamon and brown sugar and remove from heat
- Add Schermer Pecans (one cup at a time) and stir
- Sprinkle with sea salt and 2 teaspoons of the minced rosemary
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and add remaining rosemary and salt to taste
- For a healthier option, substitute unsweetened apple sauce in place of butter.
This has been one of my go to recipes for quite some time, if you have a favorite pecan recipe please share in the comments below. Happy snacking!
SHOP THE STORY
Kelli Boyd Photography exclusively for Lavin Label