Today I’m sharing a deliciously rich spin on the classic hot chocolate recipe! The magic ingredient: red wine. The addition of cabernet makes it the perfect drink to sip as an evening indulgence. This drink is very simple to prepare and your guests are sure to enjoy it, which makes it perfect to serve as a hostess.
I’ve teamed up with Emily McCarthy for all of my entertaining essentials, such as this holiday lucite serving tray, monogrammed buffalo check mug and cocktail napkins! These details may impress your guests even more than the boozy hot chocolate!
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. (Be careful to not overheat or burn the chocolate.)
- In a saucepan, heat the milk on medium until it comes to a boil.
- Whisk in the chocolate until the hot chocolate is a creamy consistency.
- Add the red wine.
- Pour into 2 mugs and garnish with cinnamon.