I’m sharing one of my favorite go-to hair styles! It’s so easy to do that even I can do it! Anna May Hall, from A.M. Makeup, shows us how to get this style in three simple steps.
- Take a small segment of hair (about 1/2 inch).
- Wrap the hair around the curling iron but don’t curl the bottom 1/4 inch.
- Next, repeat the same step above but wrap the hair around the curling iron in the opposite way.
Below are a few tips to help you keep your curl last longer:
- Use a product. Try a heat protectant, like Tresemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protectant Spray. Then choose a holding product that will give added oomph. If your hair has a natural wave, a curl-enhancing mousse, like Oribe Curl Shaping Mousse, provides hold and staying power. But if you have straight hair, you’ll need something with more impact, like L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Curl Activating Mousse.
- Shake it out. Once your hair has cooled, tousle the curls with your fingers. Leave the hair a little more curled than you’d prefer it to be. “No matter your prep, any curl will fall slightly, so it’s better to have slightly tighter curls than you normally would and let them loosen with gravity on your way to the event.”
- Finish with a Texturizing Spray. Try a texturizing spray instead of a hair spray. Hair spray can actually be too heavy and can actually drop the curls. Try something like Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.